What is PMKVY?
The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) launched its flagship scheme under the name of PMKVY or the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana. The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) helped MSDE for a pan India implementation of this scheme. It is a revolutionary step taken by the government which is directed towards providing its citizens the top-notch industrial training along with PMKVY courses in their desired domain. PMKVY is aimed especially towards the young and unemployed segment. It will assist them to hone their skillsets in order to expand their employment horizon with the help of a large number PMKVY courses to choose from. Apart from this, PMKVY registration is very beneficial to the citizens because it will enhance the knowledge in their respective work domains and as a result, it will generate better employment opportunities and standard of living. Moreover, it will also encourage the development of indigenous technologies and business models along with triggering the nation’s growth rate.
PMKVY is backed up by several components as listed below:
1. Short-term training: Currently, the scheme is providing training and certification to over 60 Lakh individuals.
2. Prior Learning Recognition: People who have learning experience beforehand are also assessed and certified under the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
3. Special Projects: The candidates are trained and are provided practical projects which are given by Government institutions or corporate bodies.
4. Kaushal and Rozgar Mela: It is organized twice a year to analyze the success of PMKVY.
5. Assistance in Placement: The scheme also connects the eligible individuals to their potential employers and provide assistance to fetch them a job.
6. Continuous Monitoring: The scheme has certain means of regulations and quality training assurance which is further accompanied by top-notch technologies.
7. Standardized Branding and Communication: This component of PMKVY ensures the public outreach, communication as well as mass visibility of the scheme to ensure more participation.
How can PMKVY be useful for an individual?
To relish such advantages, one should successfully complete the PMKVY registration. This scheme has proved to be very successful and has trained several hundred thousand individuals under it. Moreover, the applicants have to complete their respective PMKVY courses at the allotted PMKVY center. The registration form can be obtained online and can be submitted after filling in the required details. The individual MUST have the electricity bill in order to successfully complete the registration.
Steps for filling the PMKVY registration form
In order to be a part of this scheme, one has to fill the PMKVY registration form.
1. Visit the Government website for registration. Click here.
2. Click on “HOME” followed by “find a training center and a job role” button.
3. Fill in the personal information such as Name, Mobile Number, DOB etc after selecting the PMKVY center.
4. After this, pay the assessment fee online and submit Aadhar Card Details and Bank Information and the registration is completed.