What is Digilocker CBSE?
Before getting to the CBSE part, let us discuss what the Digilocker is. Digilocker is a service initiated by the Indian government under the Digital India campaign. It is one of the flagship programs of the government of India aimed at transforming the nation into a digitally empowered country. The service was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on July 1st, 2015. The service offers up to 1 GB of storage for the documents issued by government agencies, educational institutes, and others. Digilocker is the need of the hour as it eradicates the need to carry the documents and identities in the physical form. Instead, you can save them in a digital form and have access to them 24/7.
Digilocker has various stakeholders with whom it has partnered with to carry out the service. Those stakeholders are citizens, issuers, and requesters. In this article, the focus is on the issuers which are basically government agencies. They have partnered with a digilocker platform as an issuer to issue the e-documents to the citizens. Some of these government agencies are CBSE -<>which is known as the digilocker case in these aspects now, Registrar office, Income tax department, etc.
Digilocker CBSE has signed up together to issue the 10th, 12th results and other certificates including migration certificates through a digilocker cbse platform.
How do the Digilocker works?
Digilocker download is available on play store for android and on iTunes for iOS users. There are also digilocker apks available on certain websites that are safe to use and are updated more than often. You need to sign up for the service by visiting the Digilocker website. The following are the steps to get a document through a digilocker cbse segment.
- The sign up is easy and uses your mobile number.
- Once signed up, visit your profile and sync your Aadhaar number with the profile. Aadhaar number should be linked to your profile to avail the services.
- Click on the Pull partner documents option ‘+.’ Select a partner from the drop-down menu which is cbse in your case.
- Select a document type and enter required details such as roll number, passing year and click on the get document option.
- The data will be taken from the CBSE database and showed it to you. You can now save this to your locker. You can now access the documents any time under the side panel option named ‘Issued Documents.’
Structure of a Digilocker
The structure of a digilocker is the same for everyone. These are the components of a digilocker.
- My Certificates: This segment has two different parts:
- Digital Documents: This contains all the URLs of the documents that are being issued to you by some government agencies.
- Uploaded Documents: This section contains all the documents that are uploaded to the locker by the users. There is one condition though that each file should be less than or up to 10 MB. Types of documents that are allowed to upload are pdf, jpg, jpeg, png, BMP, and
- My Profile: It shows the full profile of a user as entered in the UIDAI database.
- My Issuer: It shows the complete information of the issuer and the documents issued by them to the user.
- My Requester: It shows the details about the requesters and the documents requested by the requester from the user.
- Directories: It has all the information regarding all the requesters and issuers and the documents exchanged with the users along with the URLs.
- Form Download Link(s): https://digilocker.gov.in/public/register