Why should you link aadhaar with pan card?
Aadhaar card (UAIDI card) and PAN (Permanent Account Number) card are two of the primary identification documents of a citizen of India. To apply for a passport, travel abroad or within India, one of these documents is mandatory. To open any bank account in a bank, both of these are required. It is extremely necessary thus to know how to link aadhaar with pan card so that the Government of India has all the details about the citizen and for verification for other services. If the Aadhaar is not linked it may happen that you will face problems for the above-mentioned verification processes.
There are easy ways in which you can link your pan card with aadhaar card.
You can do it by visiting government offices who will make you wait and stand in a million queues or you could do it online in the comfort of your own home! Read through this article to know
How to link aadhar with pan card in the easiest way possible!
Benefits of linking the Aadhaar card with PAN card:
- The Government of India has made it mandatory to link the Aadhaar and PAN cards by 31st December 2019.
- It is easier to deal with multiple PAN cards issued in the same name.
- It prevents frauds.
- Income tax return will remain unprocessed id Aadhaar and PAN are not linked.
- The user will get a detailed income tax outline if he needs it in the future.
How to link aadhaar card with PAN card by using e-filling website?
- Visit the income tax e-filling website for the purpose.
- When the form will appear, input your aadhaar and PAN numbers.
- Write your name exactly as it is the aadhaar card.
- A small box appears asking if only the year of your birth appears on the card. If that is the case tick the box.
- Fill in the captcha code given. If you are visually challenged you can ask for an OTP to be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Click on ‘Link Aadhaar’.
- A pan aadhar link status will be displayed showing that you Aadhaar have been linked.
But this is only one of many more ways to link aadhaar with PAN card. Another way is given below.
How to link Aadhaar with PAN using SMS
- Type in a message in the following format.
- UIDPAN<12 digit Aadhaar><10 digit PAN>
- For example UIDPAN 253648339445 9876543210
- Now send this to either of the numbers 56161 or 567678
What to do if your linking process is not successful?
This unfortunate event can occur due to two cases: In case your name is spelt wrong on the Aadhaar card or in case it is spelt wrong on the PAN card.
If a name is spelt wrong on the Aadhaar card:
- Visit any Aadhaar enrolment centre near you.
- Carry a self-attested identity proof.
- Fill the Aadhaar enrolment form.
- Give up the form with the required documents.
- A slip of acknowledgement will be provided with your update request number (URN)
- Using the URN, you can check the status of your request and how far it has progressed.
- Once the name has been changed, immediately link your Aadhaar and PAN card using the above<>stated processes.
If the name is spelt wrong on the PAN:
- Visit e-filing website of NSDL.
- From the drop-down menu select the option “ Changes in existing PAN data”
- Select the individual category
- Enter your details
- Make the required payment.
- Submit the form after Aadhar e-KYC.
- Your updated PAN will be sent to you at your address.
- Now link the Aadhaar and PAN card