How to get Caste Certificate Online?
A Caste Certificate is the identification proof to show which caste one belongs to. This is especially for those people who belong to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, Nomadic Tribes, Vimukta Jati, Special Backward Class, Maratha Caste Certificate, etc, as classified in the Constitution of India. Caste Certificate Online. This began, keeping in the mind the historical tragedies faced by the castes considered backwards. It was felt that the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes were being discriminated against, in terms of education and opportunities. This was hindering their progress and their growth rate was lesser than others in the country.
In order to ensure that these discriminations don’t continue, as part of the Indian System of Protective Discrimination, citizens belonging to the SC, ST, and other backward classes were granted some privileges, certain provisions. These special provisions include seat reservations in national and state legislatures, administrative services, government services, quotas in public and private sector jobs, waiving off school and college fees – partly or entirely. Reservation quotas in educational institutions, relaxation of cut-offs during college or university admissions, relaxation of upper age limit in jobs, etc. And to fully realise and avail all the benefits and subsidiaries provided to them, they must possess a Caste Certificate establishing their identity and belonging to a particular class.
The statutory classification of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Articles 341 and 342 in the Constitution of Indian) was first done in 1950 under Constitutional Orders when the Indian Constitution came into existence. Over the years, this list has been constantly amended and modified. And some castes come under individual state lists as well.
Documents Required for Caste Certificate
- Identity Proof
RSBY Card, Passport, Aadhaar Card, Voter ID Card, Driving License, MNREGA Card, PAN Card
- Address Proof
Aadhaar Card, Driving License, Voter ID, Passport, Telephone Bill, Electricity Bill, Rent Receipt, Ration Card, 7/12 Extract, Water Bill
- Caste Certificate related Affidavit
- Caste Proof for Self or Blood Relative
- Application of primary school register belonging to the applicant or father or grandfather.
- Primary school bonafide or Transfer Certificate of the applicant or his/her father.
- Birth Certificate of applicant or father or relative.
- Mention of the caste of the applicant’s father or relative in the Government Service Record (book)
- Department of Social Justice issued document certifying the caste
- Revenue records
- Copy of village Panchayat records, etc.
How to apply for Caste Certificate?
- An applicant can apply for forms that are available both online or at the concerned local office in the village, town or city. It is either the office of the Sub-Divisional Magistrate or of the Tehsil or Revenue Department.
- Proof of your residence in the State for a minimum specified period.
- A local inquiry is held in case none of your family members have had a caste certificate before.
- An affidavit stating your caste.
- A court stamp fee of 5 rupees on the application and all the affidavits is required at the time of application.
- Birth Certificate and Marriage certificate (if married) is compulsory.
- A passport size photo with name, address, and signature should be affixed at the end of the form.
Required Forms – You can apply for Caste Certificate Online at various state portals. We have listed some of the state portal links here: